log
▁▁▁▁⏐▁▁▁▁
mod6: trinque: Question for ya regarding how jurov can make a payment for The Foundation's hosting fees at Pizarro: Is there a way that I can get an outside BTC address to give him that would go directly to my deedbot wallet? I see that I can do `!!deposit amount`, which might work, but it could be days before a payment is made. Is this a problem? Thoughts?
mod6: ben_vulpes jurov BingoBoingo : I do not believe The Bitcoin Foundation was ever invoiced for colocation services for The Foundation's one machine at Pizarro for the month of June. And thusly, no amount was shown on the Foundation's June 2018 statement.
mod6: The Bitcoin Foundation will make a payment for June, but I need to determine what the price point was for the month of June. I'm going to dig through the logs to see what I can find, but if anyone can help me out in this capacity please let me know. Thank you.
BingoBoingo is indeed alive, been reading apache docs all day
mod6: re price point for June, I can see that this wire was sent on or around June 12th: http://btcbase.org/log/2018-06-19#1826769 ☝︎
a111: Logged on 2018-06-19 16:04 deedbot: Invoiced ben_vulpes 0.40847278 << "wire to the Pizarro DC sent 2018-06-12"
mod6: I have pulled up BTC/USD chart of Bitstamp (no particular reason I picked this exchange) between June 1st and June 30th. I can see that the price was roughly about $6800 per BTC on that day. Unless anyone chimes in very soon about what the actual price point was for the month of June, is anyone opposed to me using this rate?
mod6: *on that day, June 12th
trinque: mod6: that is the way to do that, !!deposit
trinque: and no, the deposit request wont expire or anything, in any amount of time that'd affect you
trinque: (when I start expiring them, will announce)
mod6: thanks trinque.
trinque: but that feature is entirely intended to be used both for sending your BTC and for receiving it from others
trinque: yw
mod6: gotcha.
mod6: mircea_popescu: S.NSA was paid up through June 30th, 2018 for dulap's colocation. We can do another quarter (back dated to July 1st) that will carry S.NSA through September 30th, 2018 for a total of: 0.06251472 BTC (0.02083824 BTC/mo). If this is agreeable, let me know, or if you have any questions.
mod6: !Qcalc 0.02083824 * 3
lobbesbot: mod6: 0.06251472
mircea_popescu: asciilifeform do we want quarterly or yearly or what ?
mircea_popescu: mod6 really, don't dig through the logs worth more than what the difference is, you know.
mod6: *nod* was just hoping to find that btc/fiat price. I never did find it. Roughly, I think the price was about $6800 when it would have transpired. But I'll give others a chance to chime on this before I make a June invoice for The Foundation.
asciilifeform: mircea_popescu: let's take a 1y
mod6: !Qcalc 0.02083824 * 12
lobbesbot: mod6: 0.25005888
mod6: Good with this then through June 30th of 2019? ^
asciilifeform: loox correct
asciilifeform: plox to invoice mircea_popescu ( he is not only chairman but also treasurer )
mod6: Ok, will do.
mircea_popescu: omg no discount!
mod6: ah, fair point, i gotta figure out what the discount would be on a year-contract might be.
mod6: Turns out that there is a mark-up, as opposed to a discount for yearly.
asciilifeform: mod6: that makes 0 sense
mod6: I didn't say it made sense, just that's what was done before.
asciilifeform: mod6: let's do the sensible thing
mod6: What do you find senseable for a discount?
mod6: 10% off?
asciilifeform: worx
mod6: !!Qcalc 0.25005888*.9
mod6: !!Qcalc 0.25005888*0.9
mod6: 0.22505299 BTC sound better mircea_popescu ?
mircea_popescu: defo!
mod6: ok :]
mod6: !!invoice mircea_popescu 0.22505299 S.NSA colocation (dulap) through June 2019
deedbot: Get your OTP: http://p.bvulpes.com/pastes/8Mbe2/?raw=true
mod6: !!v C590F2FA31300722665DE7C49F389D1D58CF17C4E1C1B53283E1EB4C5A3981E2
deedbot: Invoiced mircea_popescu 0.22505299 << S.NSA colocation (dulap) through June 2019
mircea_popescu: !!up sageprobes
deedbot: sageprobes voiced for 30 minutes.
spyked: !!key spyked_trvl
deedbot: http://wot.deedbot.org/A30E39679BBE9CA1A0882BF116D9D4EB821B72CA.asc
spyked: !!rate spyked_trvl 1 spyked's travellin' riverside key
deedbot: Get your OTP: http://p.bvulpes.com/pastes/f7ZS1/?raw=true
spyked: ^ ftr, I'll be away starting tomorrow for about a week. I'll use this key during the interval.
spyked: in other news, trilemabot part ii will be published later today, with fresh coad ready to be scrutinized.
asciilifeform: meanwhile, in heathendom archaeology, https://archive.is/FIxZc >> 'exists just for the crazed fundamentalists' << didjaknow.
mircea_popescu: i like how "crazed fundamentalist" is how the pantsuit says "people smarter than me" nowadays.
mircea_popescu: just like #metoo is how ugly disfunctional bitches nobody would fuck get loud.
asciilifeform: 'You clearly perceive immutability as Bitcoin's most important aspect, but others feel that decentralisation is the more important quality ... I don't know how you expect to maintain a decentralised system when the only participants are the limited number of fruitcakes running the 0.5.4 client' << gold.
mircea_popescu: aaaahahahaha
mircea_popescu: "aspects".
mircea_popescu: inca tryna digest bitcoin before bitcoin digests inca. "aspects" being what enzymes say.
asciilifeform found the pg by accident while digging for something entirely else, but somewhat disappointed nao, apparently lulz directorate produced 0 new idea since '16
mircea_popescu: or for that matter 2012.
mircea_popescu: it's gonna be a "we're all equal and interchangeable therefore so are you" and "in order to swallow things too big to be swallowed first cut them into parts" and "if anyone gets in your way say the magic words" and so on.
mircea_popescu: what else can it be ? nation of africa is nation of africa, has not produced any new ideas ever seeing how ~that's what it is~. definitionally, if you create a "set of all morons" you're not to expect them to not be morons.
asciilifeform: apparently africa still not done digesting the null from the 'summer of shitforks' escapade.
mircea_popescu: as long as i've not turned out the dole, it'll sit an pretend like it runs the world.
asciilifeform: relatedly, any of the megablox crapola still running ? or all evaporated nao like last yr's snow
mircea_popescu: neverhappened
asciilifeform: ahahahalolk
mircea_popescu: motherwasalwaysiright.
mircea_popescu: anyway, it's funny to me just how PAINFULLY aware all the losers are, of trilema, of things.
mircea_popescu: sitting there in their sad hovels, trying really hard to not say the dragon's name.
asciilifeform: 'what dragon, it was cosmic rays' i imagine.
mircea_popescu: luxuries few enjoy, you know, the retort "ask your mother who i am" readily available for any "who are you" inquiries and such.
mircea_popescu: asciilifeform consider the case of stupid kid coming back to his stupid mother from "School" ie daycare, face all blodied up. case 1. "Who did this to you ?" "Joe Nobody!!!!" vs case 2. "Who did this to you ?!" "It was the cosmic rays!"
mircea_popescu: seems to me pretty plain & evident which case is run my "i'm ugly but don't see why this means i get no voice" "#metoo" and which is not.
asciilifeform: mircea_popescu: as i gather, these folx inhabit a self-complete leprosorium, with 'rational', non-draconic 'explanation' for erry possible misfortune
mircea_popescu: !Qlater tell lobbes hey, how's that reverse auction thing coming along ? http://btcbase.org/log/2018-07-09#1833033 item. ☝︎
a111: Logged on 2018-07-09 22:35 lobbes: asciilifeform: can haz. I'ma move this up to item #1 in hopper
lobbesbot: mircea_popescu: The operation succeeded.
mircea_popescu would like to provide some air to the fine pizarro folk, but... !
phf: !!up lobbes_sans_znc
deedbot: lobbes_sans_znc voiced for 30 minutes.
lobbes_sans_znc: Thx phf
lobbes_sans_znc: mircea_popescu: Currently trying to diagnose why my logbot install is not sending from 'outbox' table. Looking I'll need to learn some basic emacs in order to determine -where- it is failing here. See also thread-fragment  >> http://btcbase.org/log/2018-07-22#1837189 ☝︎
a111: Logged on 2018-07-22 18:27 ben_vulpes: lobbes: that the outbox table has entries in it suggests that logbot-start-pg-thread was never called
lobbes_sans_znc: Got derailed early this week with http://logs.minigame.biz/2018-07-25.log.html#t05:49:24, but that backlog has been cut down, so I'll be refocusing back to auctionbot '2.0'
lobbesbot: Logged on 2018-07-25 05:49:24: <lobbes> price history updated with moar data >> http://lobbesblog.com/queryauctions/pricehistory/index.php
lobbes_sans_znc: Also: need to fix my znc (hopefully 'fix' is simple as: box just restarted and znc did not)
lobbes_sans_znc bbl meat
phf: !Qlater tell lobbes not sure that you really need to introduce emacs into the mix, if it's not your first language. an exception in a thread ought to log itself, but you can explicitly hook into debugger machinery and capture it manually: common lisp has *DEBUGGER-HOOK*, which is documented in hyperspec. sbcl further adds sb-ext:*invoke-debugger-hook*. you should also check that those values are nil after you load your
phf: system. slime/swank doesn't do anything smarter than overriding them with own handlers, so you should be able to manually give yourself as much visibility as slime will give you.
lobbesbot: phf: The operation succeeded.
mircea_popescu: lobbes_sans_znc ok but i mean, it's been two weeks!
jurov: http://btcbase.org/log/2018-07-26#1837766 << or i can pay the invoices directly...but can jurov !!pay deedbot invoices issued to mod6? ☝︎
a111: Logged on 2018-07-26 00:01 mod6: trinque: Question for ya regarding how jurov can make a payment for The Foundation's hosting fees at Pizarro: Is there a way that I can get an outside BTC address to give him that would go directly to my deedbot wallet? I see that I can do `!!deposit amount`, which might work, but it could be days before a payment is made. Is this a problem? Thoughts?
trinque: what, no.
trinque: why are they invoiced to mod6 if they're for you?
jurov: they are for foundation
jurov: in a sense, neither/both of us
trinque: I dunno why you guys are making it complicated; you can either deposit to mod6's account, or he can invoice you
trinque: but not going to make the definitions of things squashier.
jurov: i'm fine with whatever mod6 decides
jurov: and which definition gets squashier here?
trinque: definition of invoice
trinque: if you're paying, invoice should've been issued to you
trinque: when you invoice someone, this is what you're doing, right? requesting a payment
jurov: yes, nevermind
mircea_popescu: i dunno why you can't just you know, use the account. if you're worried about mixage have #hashtags in the invoice, then you see them in the ledger, this invoice is #foundation and whatrever.
mircea_popescu: if you're the treasurer of x, !!invoice jurov for payments owed by x seems the heart of sanity.
ben_vulpes: sacrifices the public verifiability of "all foundation funds in addrx" but i don't know that's so valuable; foundation addr could just be the proverbial tip hat with some change in it and the curious are directed to read statements
deedbot: http://qntra.net/2018/07/anti-racist-football-tournament-cancelled-after-violence-between-refugee-teams/ << Qntra - 'Anti-Racist' Football Tournament Cancelled After Violence Between Refugee Teams
BingoBoingo: ^ Title Fixed: 'Anti-Racist' Football Tournament Cancelled After Racist Violence Between Refugee Teams
mircea_popescu: ahgaha
mircea_popescu: ben_vulpes well, rather changes the model from "What foundation got" to "what foundation did". i really don't see that's such a loss.